Rynial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommended Reading

2 posters

Go down

Recommended Reading Empty Recommended Reading

Post  Stormphyre Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:42 pm

This summer has been lots of reading. So many great books and I recommend them!
First, The Green Rider series by Kirstin Britain. It provided a bit of inspiration for this place. Its about a girl of a merchant clan who runs away after beating up a Governor's son, finds herself stumbling upon a man dying and is sworn to deliver a message to the King. She's chased across the kingdom by the man's killers, and that's just the first book! Really, its a friggin good series but I warn you, the 4th book doesn't come out till January.
The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss, first of a trilogy called KingKiller. OMG EFFING AWESOME BOOK. DO READ IT NOW. I order it as...admin of this site. Do eeet. I do warn of major cliffhanger and the second doesn't come out till March. Dx Yes, apparently I stumble upon this thing of cliffhangers.
Innocent Mage by Karen Miller. Its really quite an interesting book. She tends to drag a bit at the end, but it really is needed ...I think. Its a duology and the second book is Awakened Mage, which I will be reading as soon as I get it from a friend.
Emperess is also by Karen Miller. Its ...really ...interesting, though slightly irksome as the character seems to think everything is stupid and very haughty, but still, strangely addicting. I'm not certain if I'll get the next book but hell! Its gotta be worth something, doesn't it?
Lets see... Its been awhile, but I also recommend the Dragon Nimbus series by Irene Radford. I love her style. Its a wonderful book.
So, anyone have any recommendations? Very Happy

Stormphyre
Admin

http://stormphyre.etsy.com/

Back to top Go down

Recommended Reading Empty Re: Recommended Reading

Post  nannahs Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:42 am

Agreed on Name of the Wind, for sure!

Also, if you like a little darker, stranger fantasy Garth Nix's Sabriel book(and the rest of the series) is very intriguing.

For a new take on old stories, Robin McKinley does a version of Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, and Deerskin. Each is very different and beautiful.

Brandon Sanderson has a trilogy and a few other books out. The trilogy has metal mages in it! It's cool. His stories tend to be very epic, which is why I'm not surprised he was tapped to take over for Robert Jordan's series when he died.

That's all I can think of right now, but feel free to join the fray!

nannahs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum