Rynial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning: Prolonged Exposure to Gypsies Hazardous to Wellbeing

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Warning: Prolonged Exposure to Gypsies Hazardous to Wellbeing Empty Warning: Prolonged Exposure to Gypsies Hazardous to Wellbeing

Post  Riyo Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:00 am

It was less than an hour until dawn on the edge of the desert in the fourth territory. The sky was lightening and starting to chase away the night's cold, and predators were scrambling to get their last meals in before the coming heat drove them into their shelters. In a small oasis, a desert bird splashed and shook at the edge of the pool for its morning bath, sending droplets of water onto the face of a young man who was sleeping nearby. Groaning his displeasure, he rolled onto his side, facing away from the pool. The noise and movement startled the bird and it flew off, chirping up a ruckus as it left.

With the noise, the man grudgingly pulled himself into the world of the waking. In a sluggish, uncoordinated way, he dragged one hand to his face and rubbed at his eyes and cheeks, then brushed a thick section of his peppery black-and-white hair out of his face. He then proceeded to lie there for several minutes, presumably having returned to sleep, when suddenly he let out a yelp and gracelessly stumbled to his feet, one hand on his arse. Glaring and cursing at a large, black scorpion that was idly walking along where he had been laying, the man stumbled backwards towards a large palm, bracing himself against it for balance. Once he was satisfied with chewing out the offending arachnid, he attempted to turn himself in such a way that he could look at the small red welt that was forming. As he was doing this, however, he realized something that really threw him back into the world of reality.

He was stark naked.

Brows furrowing in confusion, he forgot about the sting and checked himself thoroughly, only to confirm his original hyopthesis. He had not a shred of clothing on him. With a single, punctuated curse, he closed his eyes and rubbed his forehead. Within the next thirty seconds, he ascertained two more things. The first was that he was lost, which caused him to panic a little as being in the scorching desert was reason to panic enough, but on top of that, he was lost and naked. The second was that he was hungover. This he knew only because the panic sent his head spinning and his stomach purging, and he knew hungovers second-hand from the village drunk. This was his personal first.

When his stomach was finished being traitorous, he made his way to the oasis pool on his hands and knees and delicately sipped at handfuls of it. When he felt a little more stable, he washed his face in the cool water, then suddenly paused as a scrap of memory returned. He'd been swimming in this oasis with a couple of those gypsy-people he'd met, the ones who'd invited him into their caravan when he mentioned his destination, the capital city. Slowly, he started to piece together what had happened. He'd been really thirsty, as in his haste to leave his old life, he'd neglected to pack much. One of them had offered him a bottle - a whole bottle. It had tasted like fruit juice! How was he to know it was liquor? He'd never tasted it before...

Anyway, those damned gypsies must have been thieves, because the few meager possessions he'd brought with him were gone, including his purse and his shoes. Why the hell would they steal his clothes? Perverted bastards...

Sighing miserably, he made a feeble search of the oasis for anything that could be used as clothes, but found nothing. When he attempted to devise a plan that involves stealing clothes from the next village he found, he remembered he was lost. Though the rising sun told him what direction was east, with the flatness of the terrain, he had no idea what direction would take him deeper into the desert and which would take him out. Making pitiful sounds, he resigned himself to walking slow circles around the oasis pool as he tried to decide on what the best plan of action was.

Last edited by Riyo on Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I JUST WANTED TO OKAY? :c)

Riyo

Back to top Go down

Warning: Prolonged Exposure to Gypsies Hazardous to Wellbeing Empty Re: Warning: Prolonged Exposure to Gypsies Hazardous to Wellbeing

Post  Stormphyre Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:28 am

The woman groaned as she squinted into the rising sun. Her horse made a similar noise of displeasure. Soon enough the chill of the night would burn off into blistering heat. Stupid heat. How did she let her friend talk her into coming into this desolate land?
"Are we there yet?" she groaned unhappily, stretching her arms and yawning. As she tilted her head back, stretching her neck, the hood of her traveling cloak fell back. Her once long brown hair had been cropped short, making her look boyish and far from the identifyable princess she was. It had grown a bit, though not much. "I'm hungry, Asca. And tired. And this place is boring," she grumbled.
The horse snorted again, stomping again, and then perked her ears forward. Without warning, she picked up the pace and hurried toward the approaching oasis, nearly dropping her whiny mistress into the sand. The horse ignored any moves and plunged right into the water.

Stormphyre
Admin

http://stormphyre.etsy.com/

Back to top Go down

Warning: Prolonged Exposure to Gypsies Hazardous to Wellbeing Empty Re: Warning: Prolonged Exposure to Gypsies Hazardous to Wellbeing

Post  Riyo Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:37 am

Circling the oasis pool as he had been, the poor, naked, hungover man was very startled to suddenly see a horse charging through the foliage and straight into the water. He yelped and scrambled away, but was soaked before he could escape the splash. Shivering from the night-chilled water and the cool morning air, he mopped hair out of his face to get a better look at the animal. His 'better look' showed him a young man, probably younger than himself riding it. There was little room for modesty among three brothers, so he was relieved not only that someone had passed by at all, let alone so soon after the appraisal of his dilemma, but also that this someone was male, which saved him from too much embarrassment. Perhaps he'd be sympathetic. He might even have spare clothes, although judging by his size, he doubted they'd fit.

He managed a groggy "Hey!" as he stumbled back to the water's edge, wringing out his hair. "You alright?" he asked, hoping the wild horse's antics hadn't incapacitated his only hope for survival.

Last edited by Riyo on Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:47 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : GRAMMARFIXIN'.)

Riyo

Back to top Go down

Post  nannahs Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:08 pm

Asca growled. After weeks of listening to Deja's complaining grow louder in pitch until her horse joined in had made her tetchy. She had long since run out of any kind of response to the complaints, especially as she began to feel them too. Although the haircut had amused her to no end, as it now made the two girls look like they could almost be related from far away. Asca had the good sense to keep her hood up though-it was way too hot. When Deja's horse bolted for the water, Asca urged hers to do the same, though it was less willing.

"Aww, c'mon Tharn! It's wa...wa....wait a minute." She had seen some interesting illusions and delusions in their journey, but none had been a naked man. A very naked man with interesting hair. On his head. Tharn's reluctant splashing into the water woke the girl from her shock.

"*Cough* Lovely weather we're having."

nannahs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormphyre Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:31 pm

Deja sputtered as she pushed away from her horse, happily swimming through the oasis. "Goddess forsaken beast! Rian, get out of that swimming hole! You're dirtying all the wa--" she came to an abrupt halt in her raging as she laid eyes on the man speaking to her. By now, she had dropped the sopping coat to the ground and her tan riding clothes clung to her body, showing off a slightly more feminine build than previous thought. She stared at him and then choked, sputtered, and failed completely at keeping her composure and bursted into laughter.

"You're naked! Stark, butt naked in the middle of the desert!" she cried, a faint shade of red, though any embarrassment was severly covered by amusement.
Rian finally trotted out of the deep oasis, shaking off the excess water onto her mistress, which quickly cut the laughter and got the horse a severe look and a threat to end up at the meat market, though she would never actually do such a thing.

Stormphyre
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Riyo Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:07 pm

The naked man jumped slightly at the sight of another horse and rider, and blushed deeply as soon as he saw her face and where it was pointed. "Uh - yeah, so hey look at the lovely sky or something," he said. He then turned and was about to ask the other man for some clothes until he opened his mouth. Rather, until she opened her mouth, because the voice was definitely feminine, and so were the hips. This left his list of misfortunes now hungover, naked, broke, cold, lost, in a desert, and thoroughly embarrassed by two women. Blushing more furiously than before, he covered himself and ducked behind some foliage.

"Thanks, yeah, for pointing out the obvious. It's hilarious, I know," he muttered feebly, still feeling the effects of his hangover. "As helpful as you are, laughing at my situation, though, maybe one of you can find it in your heart to spare me some clothes or a blanket or something?" he requested, scowling at them both through the leaves of the bush he'd hid behind.

Last edited by Riyo on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I DON'T NEED A REASON DX)

Riyo

Back to top Go down

Post  nannahs Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:07 am

"I dunno, guy, I'm wonderin' just how red you can get. Or maybe some of that's sunburn...?" Asca couldn't help herself. It wasn't often she encountered such a perfect situation to humiliate someone, even if he was a stranger.

"Hey bush-head, what's your name? Or is that gone too? Also, Deja? Can we talk a minute?" Though this guy was fun to poke at, she figured they had better talk about whether they would actually help him or not, because it really was getting hot out.

nannahs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormphyre Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:07 pm

Deja smirked, still struggling not to laugh. "Aye, of course," she replied, moving to her friend's side. "What're you thinking, Asca?" she asked a bit more quietly once she was next to her, glancing over her shoulder at him.
"Personally, I think we should give him some clothes before you burst a blood vessel. And take him along with us, aye?" she asked, seeming to be plotting a bit of her own.

Stormphyre
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nannahs Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:13 pm

Seeing Deja struggle to keep her face straight made Asca even more tempted to laugh aloud.

"I'm thinking this guy could be trouble. But he could also be manual labor with the pain of blackmail on his head. And I am not about to burst a blood vessel!" Though she protested, Asca could clearly feel the blood having rushed to her face.

"I also think I've seen that expression before, but it's hopeless to resist. Do we have an extra cloak? I don't think either of our clothes will fit the...spikey-head."

nannahs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormphyre Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:20 pm

"Aye, you are," she replied, smirking still. "And he can wear mine as its really just becoming a nuisance in the heat and no one recognizes me anyway. Especially this far south, with the exception of any nobility, but... Ya know, I highly doubt we'll bump into a stumble noble in this place. Decided, aye? He comes?"
Without waiting for her to respond, she turned around to the nude man, pointing at him, "You. You may wear my cloak until we find some merchant. And you'll come with us, aye? Aye."

Stormphyre
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Riyo Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:41 pm

At Asca's comment about his blushing, he scowled, and made a more amusing face at her suggestion of sunburn. "I'm not red. And I'm not sunburned, not yet anyway..." he muttered, folding his arms and glancing towards the sunrise. At the unfriendly name, he gave her a very flat stare, clearly not amused. Still, he had to stifle his temper long enough to get some protection, directions, and maybe a ride. Assuming he got some clothes. Because there was no way in hell he was riding a horse ass naked. So, with the intention of getting in their good graces, he was about to answer her question with his name, but the two women quickly became engrossed in their private conversation. Stewing, he grumbled and waited for them to finish, busying himself with wondering how many more embarrassing things they were saying about him.

He stirred from his simmering when the boyish one spoke up, and was a little relieved to hear he was at least being offered a cloak. He opened his mouth to agree, but it seemed it wasn't really an offer. Actually it sounded more like an order. Well, whatever. As long as it got him out of the desert. "Yeah, sure. Wait." The last bit of what she said reached his reasoning-center. "I'll go with you where?" he asked, scowling a little in suspicion. If they were headed further into the desert or anywhere near his home, they could just forget it.

Riyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormphyre Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:53 pm

"Uh..." she paused, not entirely sure where Asca was dragging her. "Well, further south into the desert, I believe is where we're headed, aye? And then back to the capital. Once we reach there, I can assure you to have a well paying job, as long as you prove yourself worthy," she replied with a grin, head held high.
"It'll be worth your while. Then again, seeing the condition you're in, anything may be worth your while. Unless you like walking the scorching desert in the nude," she added, making a gesture as his current situation.

Last edited by Stormphyre on Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wording clarification)

Stormphyre
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Riyo Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:26 am

"Into the desert?" he protested, looking dismayed. Just his luck. "Where the hell do you think I just came from? I don't want to go into the damned desert!" he said, groaning and sinking to his knees, muttering curses and complaints. After a few seconds of this, he gave a frustrated and resigned sigh. "Fine, whatever, give me clothes," he reluctantly agreed, holding his hand out through the bush so he could be passed his meager attire. Why was he cursed with such poor damned luck, he wondered.

Riyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormphyre Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:40 pm

She grinned at his fussing and what not, glancing to her friend again before picking up her cloak, shaking the sand from it and moved to him. "Here. Wear this until we find a merchant. Will get you some proper clothing then," she replied, gathering the reins to her mare and mounted.
"You can call me Deja, and this is Asca," she continued, glancing back at him. "And so spiky-head, what's your name again?"

Stormphyre
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Riyo Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:40 pm

"Thanks," he muttered, albeit somewhat ungratefully, as he accepted the cloak from her and held it up for a moment, debating on how to make it the most useful. "I'm gonna guess you don't want it back anyway," he said, throwing one corner of it over his shoulder and wrapping the rest around him, tying it back at the shoulder like a toga. It would do as far as decency and protection while possibly riding went.

Once he was clothed, he sighed and stepped out from the bush, stopping a couple feet away from Deja's horse. Deja. Why did that name sound familiar? "Khebryn Ahnamir. Or just Kheb, whatever. Listen, why the hell are you going further into the desert? There's nothing but sand and run down villages. Why don't we skip that and go straight to the capital?" he suggested.

Riyo

Back to top Go down

Post  nannahs Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:51 pm

Asca had been spending the last several minutes having an internal debate. She was currently in posession of some nicely baggy shirts and trousers, brought in case they needed to disguise themselves as boys or laborers. But they were nice enough, and it was hard to discreetly buy clothes. But seeing him try to make a pathetic garment out of her short friend's cloak was the clincher. She sighed in irritation and began digging through bags.

"Alright Khebryn Ahnamir. I give up. You look too ridiculous and pathetic. Here." She tossed the clothes at the man. "No shoes, but don't complain. It's not a toga." She motioned for Deja to turn to allow Khebryn a chance to dress. The act of kindness, out of character when dealing with strange men, made Asca's blush intensify.

"Why are you so against the desert? Aside from the heat and sand, it doesn't seem distinctly evil or some such. We've got business here, is all."

nannahs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormphyre Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:00 pm

(XD Awww How sweet of Asca. I think one of Deja's pants would cover Kheb's leg. ..and a half maybe. XD)

Stormphyre
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Riyo Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:05 pm

Echidna-head looked pleasantly surprised to suddenly find himself with actual clothes in his possession, and gave the blushing girl a grin and a thanks before ducking back behind the bush to change. It didn't take him long, and he emerged wearing normal-looking attire and Deja's cloak, however short, over it all.

"That's a hell of a lot better, thank you," he said to Asca, then wrinkled his nose at her question. He actually laughed at her when she finished speaking. "Aside from the heat and the sand? Do you want this in list-form or story-form?" he replied sarcastically. "Scorpions, tarantulas, wasps, all poisonous. Thieves and bandits, fucking gypsies, cactus, burrs, and a whole lot of nothing else. What business is worth that?" he muttered.

Riyo

Back to top Go down

Post  nannahs Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:30 am

"Oh-ho, sounds like Kheby had a run in with gypsies! Scorpions I'll agree are an annoyance. Tarantulas? Poisonous? Psh. And wasps? Easily disposed of. As to thieves and bandits...Let's just say there shouldn't be a problem on that front." Asca avoided glancing at the several carefully placed emblems and signs that only other thieves and bandits would recognize and honor.

"Also, echidna-Kheb, cactuseses...Cactus...Cacti! Aren't a problem if you leave 'em the hell alone. So just don't roll around! Not a problem. Now if you're done complaining, we have shelter to find until night fall, don't we?" She turned to Deja and rolled her eyes as if to say "Men."

nannahs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormphyre Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:10 pm

Deja, however, had paled a bit during Kheb's rambling. Trantulas? Really? And Asca was simply blowing them off? Forget the rest of the issues, but spiders?!
She turned her attention to Asca in a stern, serious look. "You didn't mention anything about spiders, Asca!" she yelled, suddenly not so gun-ho on this trip. Not by a long shot. Spiders were warrant for a violent reaction. "Damn the rest, you didn't mention spiders!" she continued, half ready to turn around and hurry back homeward with or without her.

Stormphyre
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nannahs Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:49 pm

Shit. ((hope no one's bothered by cussing-asca does that a bit when she's passionate))Guess that smokescreen didn't work...Damn you, dear Deja.

"Calm down, girl! By the goddess' left toe, I really didn't know about the tarantulas. Or that they were poisonous. Since when were those things poisonous? I haven't seen a single one in our trip, so I'm guessing they're not that common. If you need, I'll stand watch over you so the big bad spiders don't get ya. Okay? We don't have to stay much longer. Just investigate what we came here for, then get the hell outta the desert."

If she didn't get a handle on Deja soon, there would be some serious repercussions. She hoped fluff-head had good reflexes...

nannahs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormphyre Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:31 pm

"Since ALWAYS!" she hollered unhappily, "What do you think their fangs are for?!"
She narrowed her eyes at her dearest friend, her only friend that didn't look to her for her power or position or so on. "I swear if one gets within 10 feet of me, Asca, I'll put the world's largest pit into this desert," she warned, still not totally a 100% sure she wanted to continue onward.

Stormphyre
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Riyo Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:22 am

Kheb frowned at the continued name-calling, and was about to argue until Deja did it for him. Nodding emphatically at her rebuttals, he chimed in every now and then with "Exactly!" and "They're deadly!" and "Some of them'll kill you in minutes!" Overall, he was just not very helpful to Asca's cause or to their business trip. When Deja seemed finished, he nodded some more, and pointed north. "So we agree, then? We should skip the desert and go straight to the capital. I think it's a great idea."

Riyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormphyre Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:22 pm

She froze, any lasting color draining from her face at the mention of being dead in minutes, instantly imagining some monsterous spider with foot long fangs attacking her. She shuddered at the image, and turned her horse away. "Aye, home. You heard him, "dead in minutes"! What's worth that risk?"

Stormphyre
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormphyre Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:32 am

(>>' Who's post is it?)

Stormphyre
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum